This week, we're setting ourselves up for new intentions.
It's December- the last month of a chaotic year, and we're ready to put 2020 to rest! 🌙 ✨
However, we know the importance of moving forward with consideration — failing to plan is planning to fail right? This is where intention setting comes in.
Setting intentions is similar to goal setting. The difference is that with goal setting, our attention is focused on the future, or what we don't yet have - what we haven't yet achieved . Intentionality, on the other hand, allows us to focus on what we're doing moment to moment and who we are right now. No need to wait until January 1st for these resolutions! 🤓
How to Set Intentions
- DECIDE: Decide what you want! This undoubtedly is the first, likely most difficult, most important step. Here are some questions you might consider asking yourself in order to find your target:
- What are somethings that matter most to you right now (try to limit this to 3-5 things to help narrow your focus)
- What activities are you doing when you feel joy?
- What words or phrases would you like to align yourself with?
- What fears or anxieties can you release that might be holding you back?
CREATE: Once those things are decided, create a positive mantra, putting yourself in the place that you want to be. ("I arrive with grace", "my friendships are thriving", "my work is meaningful", etc.) This will basically be a short string of words that you can repeat to yourself every morning, evening, or point of conflict or stress.
SHARE: Share your intentions with a page in your journal, or perhaps a trusted friend or family member. We love #accountability ❤️
MEDITATE: We know, right ?! 😉 Taking time to sit and meditate on where you are and where you want to be will help you direct your energy in the right direction. Breathe life into your intentions and the person you're becoming. Ignore the rest.
LET IT GO: Yup- no need to dwell on it after this. Once you've done all that you can, it's important to understand that good things come to those who wait. In other words, trust the process. 🙏🏽💫
There's no wrong time set fresh intentions for yourself, so why not start now?